Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chalkboard Calendar Wall




I have been wanting to share our chalkboard wall on here for a while!!! But a couple of munchkins have been keeping me quite busy these last few weeks, along with work (yep, started tutoring again). 


When we moved in this summer, Marc and I were struggling to keep up with all events that make summer special like spending extra time with friends and family. Around the same time the lovely JenLovesKev shared her chalkboard wall tutorial. So of course the first thing I did was bug the husband about it! He actually liked the idea and wanted to get it done right away. We decided not to title the board since there wasn't much room up top anyways. Oh, and don't look too closely or you'll see pen markings! I love my hubs, but he isn't the crafter so he missed the memo about using pencil instead of pen on the wall! Ha! Oh, and if you do decide to try this in your home, make sure you use the quality painter's tape (at least the bleeding is consistent all around and most of our friends thought it was supposed to be that way ;)). 

I also ordered some amazing pencil style chalk that doesn't break and can be sharpened! It works great if you want to write smaller details and want your chalk to last. 

2 comments: