Thursday, August 8, 2013

cookie lessons



                                                 wouldn't trade anything for this face!



After a few days of stressing about not being able to keep up the cleaning, a sermon at church really hit me and made me realize somethings about the root of my frustrations. The root of my frustrations came from certain desires not being met. Basically, I wasn't getting what I wanted and so of course, it was taking up much of my thoughts and my focus away from the more important things. My pastor reminded me that our desires have to change first for that frustration to go away. When we "fight" or "lust" for things and that desire isn't fulfilled we act out in different negative ways to try to get what we want. I definitely don't want to be a mommy that is stressed and unhappy about the wrong things in life. 

Those truths helped loosen me up and the next day at Target I saw a sugar cookie mix on sale. How fun would it be to bake with Maci! After a toddler meltdown (Maci didn't understand that we had to "make" the cookies first ha!), we had fun getting our hands dirty as evidenced by the pictures above. I wish I had taken a picture of her putting a handful of cookie mix into her mouth! Clearly, she still didn't get the idea. I mean why would they put a picture of cookies on the box if there aren't cookies int here?! Maci would like to know ;)

I am seriously looking forward to more baking memories with my girl. 



2 comments:

  1. hi merci, this post blessed me. thanks for sharing. i too have been internally a little bit grumpy and stubborn about obstacles in the way of ministry things i want to get done, and also have not kept up my cleaning/chores.

    the Lord has shown me that i've not been obedient to the (seemingly mundane) things He has shown me to do first - so i'm seeking to give up and honor Him in the little things before i reach out for the big things...

    ouch. this is a great link to a short devotion on this subject fyi.
    http://www.youdevotion.com/strength/august/9

    love and miss you oodles. so glad i found your blog!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa!! Glad it blessed you and thank you for the devotion :) I am glad you found my blog, too!!

    You are such a great lady :)

    ReplyDelete