Sunday, August 25, 2013

seth the stud: 3 months







I don't know why I never imagined myself having a boy. But now that Seth has entered our world we can't imagine life without him. I think that everyone feels that way about their children. Once they are a part of the family, everything just feels right.

In honor of Seth turning 3 months and exiting the newborn stage, I want to write a letter to him. I can't even believe he isn't a newborn anymore! 


To my sweet little man, 


As I write this, my eyes fight back tears because I feel so blessed to have you in my life. These past 3 months have been so amazing. You made me a mommy for the second time and I thank you for that. From the moment you were even a thought in our minds, you brought happiness and joy into our hearts. Even your sister has loved babies for so long and has always taken a special liking to boys! I like to think that you were an answer to her little hearts desire. Thinking about the last 3 months, I think of all the little things that make you unique already.

You latched on immediately and loved to sleep for 4 hour increments.

You still love your sleep, sometimes I think you would rather sleep than eat! 

Mommy most often has to wake you for your feeding.

You rolled over before you were 2 months (tummy to back). I heard a little baby giggle and turned to find you looking up at me and smiling.

Crying isn't your specialty. When you cry for more than a few minutes, you do this little baby cough as if to show you are "straining your voice". It's pretty funny and so cute.

You found your fingers at 6 weeks and love to suck on them until you fall asleep. 
Every morning you let mommy know you are hungry when the sucking becomes louder. I'll take that over crying any day! 

Just when mommy thought you wouldn't sleep longer than 5 hours at night, you showed me by sleeping from 9 to 6 at nine weeks! 

You haven't peed on mommy once(well, at least not yet)!

Even though you seem to be the shy baby, you didn't take long to start smiling at us.

You have out grown your clothes like crazy! In these pictures, you are wearing a 6 month outfit! 

I love that you have just enough hair so that mommy can have fun brushing it to the side. 

You learned to say "a goo" at 6 weeks and haven't stopped to look for our eyes to have the longest conversations with us. I hope you never get tired of talking to us. 

And most importantly,
I hope that one day you will realize that God has been looking for your heart and that you won't hesitate to look back at Him and spend the rest of your days talking to the One who made you. 







4 comments: