Tuesday, August 20, 2013

crazy about kale and kiddos

                                      
                                     
                                     










                                      


Lately, we've been taking longer walks around the Collection (the shopping area a few blocks from our house)not only to tire out the toddler, but also to keep an eye on any new stores opening up. I thought it would be fun to get some shots of miss Maci in front of the blank walls and of course, it didn't take long for her to warm up to the camera! Seriously, where does she get these poses from?! This kid cracks me up! She always enjoys stopping to look at every detail around her and I love that because it makes me slow down and reminds me to take a look also. 

With two kiddos, I am always looking for a quick dinner idea. The last time the husband and I had a date we had an amazing frittata at a very popular cafe in Ventura, Cafe Nouveau. Ever since hearing that kale is so healthy, we've been trying to add it to our meals, smoothies and salads. The frittata turned out pretty good, although I tasted more sausage than anything else. The hubs wasn't too impressed! 

I can't say yet that it's been tough with two little ones at home. It's been hard to get things done, but when I remember that they need ME more than anything else I really feel blessed and thankful that I have this time with them. Seth has been an easy baby and he has really spoiled this mommy already! So I can't complain ha! I love his little face! I caught him one night being so curious and talkative. He melts my heart over and over again. <3 <3












2 comments:

  1. I want to try that frittata! Looks so delish. I totally agree in how children need us more than anything. A lot of people think they NEED children and what children can do for THEM (give contentment, etc), and while they do all that, our responsibility is actually TO them and it's up to US to give them what THEY need. Even later on in life! I read that somewhere when I was 14 and it changed my perspective! Love those cute shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! That's truth right there! :)

    ReplyDelete